Total caters to the needs of industrial customers and provides comprehensive local solutions to support their operations. Our special fluids, fuels, lubricants and bitumens, developed through cutting-edge research, help optimize processes and enhance product quality.
SPECIAL FLUIDS TO MEET YOUR INDUSTRIAL CHALLENGES
To meet all your professional needs, we offer a range of 150 products, aimed at three different markets:
- Industry: fluids for sealants, polyacrylamides, printing inks and process oils used to manufacture tires.
- Geoscience: fluids for minimizing the environmental impact of drilling, fracturing and extracting minerals.
- Life sciences: oils used in crop protection, veterinary vaccines and cosmetics.
With nearly 800,000 metric tons of special fluids sold each year, we are a market leader in the industry. We are committed to offering our customers products that are constantly improving, rigorously tested and comply with the most stringent regulations in our host countries.
CUSTOMIZED LUBRICANTS TO SUPPORT THE MOST DEMANDING INDUSTRIES
Our industrial lubricants help you get the most out of your equipment and maximize the profitability of your industrial processes. Whether you work in energy, chemicals, metals, textiles, glass, food or another industry, our lubricants and greases, which are formulated in collaboration with major manufacturers and equipment makers, contribute to the reliability and performance of your production lines.
Through our personalized solutions, we are there to support you in more than 150 countries. Our solutions include lubrication charts, audits, training, analysis of oils in use and other tests. Our employees help you locate the best product for your needs – at Total, being close to our customers is a top priority.
OUR BITUMENS: YOUR INDUSTRIAL ASSET
Those who work in the building, automotive and packaging industries can all benefit from our bitumen expertise. The waterproofing ability, elasticity and durability of our bitumens mean they are suited to all your industrial activities, such as developing insulation or soundproofing materials, building dams and reservoirs and containing nuclear waste.
We offer two product ranges:
- Altek: formulated for polymer-modified screeds and other insulation materials.
- Stelox: specifically developed for conventional screeds and shingles, as well as shock-absorbing and soundproofing materials.
With eight refineries and operations in 15 European countries, Total is the continent’s leading bitumen manufacturer and supplier. In each of our host countries, R&D is the foundation of our development strategy, with a constant focus on the safety of people and operations.
In addition to our presence on the ground, our digital tools are there to support you. Find out all about our operations by taking the “Bitumen Online” MOOC, developed in collaboration with France’s École des Ponts et Chaussées engineering school. The training course features contributions from top experts and covers a wide range of technical issues.
Use our Bitumen Online platform to view bitumen futures prices and, with just three clicks, securely order the required amount according to market fluctuations.
OUR MARINE AND AIR TRANSPORTATION FUELS
As stakeholders in international transportation by sea (container ships, oil tankers, LNG carriers, etc.) and air (commercial and general aviation), we offer high-quality fuels that comply with the most stringent environmental standards.
In the marine industry, the International Maritime Organization has set a target of reducing the sulfur content in marine fuels from 3.5% to 0.5% by January 1, 2020. To help achieve this target, Total Group affiliate Total Marine Fuels Global Solutions offers a number of products, including:
- Fuel oil with a sulfur content of 0.5% and marine diesel for all vessels.
- Fuel oil with a sulfur content of 3.5% for vessels equipped with exhaust gas cleaning systems, or scrubbers.
- Liquefied natural gas (LNG).
We also intend to develop a competitive global LNG bunkering network in order to facilitate the supply of LNG for carriers. This goal has already resulted in two major partnerships, with Brittany Ferries and CMA-CGM.
In the aviation industry, the number of passengers is expected to double by 2030. Combating climate change is therefore a major challenge that we are committed to meeting. Through our specialized Air Total affiliate, we market the following solutions:
- For light aircraft: AVGAS 100 LL (gasoline-based fuel) and AVGAS UL 91, the first unleaded aviation fuel for ultralight aircraft.
- For commercial aircraft: JET-A1 (kerosene-based fuel) and BIOJET A 1, which was developed through ambitious research and enables airlines to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions.
Our priority is to make our products available to more effectively meet our customers’ needs. We have substantial assets to achieve this goal, including proven fuel production and trading expertise and an extensive distribution network.