Each year, 1.3 million people die on the roads and between 20 and 50 million are injured. Traffic accidents are a major cause of death for all age groups, and the main one among people aged 15 to 29. Launched in 2017, the campaign aims to raise awareness of road risks among Total’s employees and contractors while offering educational content on the basic rules of driving.
Road traffic accidents are the eighth leading cause of death in the world, killing 3,700 people a day and seriously injuring between 20 and 50 million more each year. Every six seconds, someone around the world is either killed or injured on the road. Total chose November 15, World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims, to launch the fourth episode of the #SafeDriver campaign.
A company with close ties to cars and drivers, since our trucks cover more than 700 million kilometers every year and we supply fuel to some 4 million road users every day, Total is proud to have Safety as its number one value. That’s why the Group is committed to road safety and chose to launch the fourth episode of the #SafeDriver campaign, on distractions behind the wheel, on the World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims as a symbol of its engagement.
The Group is actively committed to road safety and works in partnership with leading stakeholders. The Group is:
- An active member of the Global Road Safety Partnership.
- A founding member of the U.N. Road Safety Trust Fund.
- A member of the FIA High Level Panel for Road Safety, which brings together decision-makers from across the business world, international institutions and NGOs, and includes members of the FIA (International Automobile Federation) network.
- A partner of the French Ministry of the Interior as part of the “safer roads” campaign. A member of the International Road Federation.
- A member of the International Road Federation.