Paris – The Board of Directors of Total met on April 26, 2016, and approved a first quarter 2016 interim dividend of 0.61 euros per share, unchanged compared to 2015. The record date will be September 26, 2016 and the ex-dividend date will be September 27, 2016.
Pending the approval of the 4th resolution at the Annual Shareholders’ Meeting of May 24, 2016, the Board of Directors will meet on September 21, 2016 to:
- declare the first quarter 2016 interim dividend;
- offer the option for shareholders to receive the first quarter 2016 interim dividend in cash or in new shares of the Company;
- set the price of the new shares with a discount of up to 10% based on the average opening price on the Euronext Paris for the 20 trading days preceding the Board of Directors’ meeting, and reduced by the amount of the first quarter 2016 interim dividend;
- set the period for exercising the option from September 27, 2016 to October 6, 2016, both dates inclusive; and
- confirm the payment of the dividend as from October 14, 2016.
American Depositary Receipts (“ADRs”) will receive the first quarter 2016 interim dividend in dollars based on the then-prevailing exchange rate according to the following timetable:
ADR ex-dividend date September 22, 2016
ADR record date September 26, 2016
ADR payment date in cash October 24, 2016
or shares issued in lieu of cash
Registered ADR holders may also contact JP Morgan Chase Bank for additional information. Non-registered ADR holders should contact their broker, financial intermediary, bank or financial institution for additional information.