- A strong, positive environmental impact, by limiting deforestation.
- An important social impact, by reducing or completely eliminating the time women and children spend gathering wood.
- Improved health and living conditions, especially for women and children, by reducing the risk of respiratory and eye infections caused by indoor air pollution.
- Reduced spending on fuel for cooking and synthetic fertilizers.
Total, the Climate and Carbon Emissions: An All-Encompassing Strategy
Total integrates climate issues into its strategy and is reducing the carbon intensity of its activities:
GoodPlanet, the Climate and Commitment to Voluntary Carbon Offsetting
As part of its public interest mission, the GoodPlanet Foundation has since 2006 been addressing climate disruption with additional initiatives:
The GoodPlanet Foundation and Yann Arthus-Bertrand offset all greenhouse gas emissions related to their activities.
- Media Relations: +33 1 47 44 46 99 l firstname.lastname@example.org l @TotalPress
- Investor Relations: +44 (0)207 719 7962 l email@example.com
- Media relations: +33 1 70 64 83 05 l firstname.lastname@example.org