Project type: Deep offshore
Operator: Total (53,5 %)
Partners: Chevron, Société Nationale des Pétroles du Congo (SNPC)
Start dates: Moho Bilondo phase 1bis in 2015, Moho Nord in 2017
A strategic project situated in the heart of Africa
- Moho Bilondo Phase 1bis, which will begin production by end 2015.
- Moho Nord, which is expected to start in 2017.
- Energy efficiency is maximized.
- No gas is flared under normal operating conditions.
- All production water is treated and reinjected into wells.
Moho Nord comprises two development phases: Moho Phase 1.1 and Moho Nord. Learn more about the essentials of the largest oil project ever undertaken in the Republic of the Congo.
Betosala, or how we can work together
In the Republic of the Congo, betosala means “working together” in the Kituba language. Our program of the same name aims to support Congolese entrepreneurs over the long term—before and during Moho Nord’s operation—to help them better secure their future.
In a country that depends on oil for 70% of its GDP (source: World Bank), it is crucial to diversify the economy. In the Republic of the Congo, we encourage our partners to work with Congolese small businesses and set up skills-transfer programs.