Total's relationships with suppliers are founded on dialogue, with a view to making them more proactive and interactive.
Dialogue in practice
We pay strict attention to the safety of our employees and service providers. We hold dedicated seminars with our main suppliers to understand their problems and share best practices. The aim is to improve together to enhance the safety of our facilities.
Listening to Everyone
Purchasing is a profession. Our purchasing officers are focused on improving quality, lead times, safety and costs, while upholding our sustainable development principles.
Effective purchasing also depends on collaboration, between purchasing officers and specifiers internally and between purchasing officers and suppliers externally. We also work to maintain balanced business relationships with suppliers.
PROFESSIONALISM IN PRACTICE
We pay special attention is treating suppliers equally. As part of this process, we have created an online interface for calls for tenders, to provide the same data to all suppliers.
Total makes a commitment to suppliers to simplify and secure the purchasing process and make it more reliable.
Fulfilling our commitments in practice
We are working especially hard on meeting contractual payment terms, by:
- Monitoring invoice payment dates.
- Improving processes, such as our project to switch to paperless invoicing.
Total is involved in every segment of the oil and gas industry, in specialty chemicals and in renewable energies. These activities are divided into three segments: Upstream, Marketing & Services and Refining & Chemicals.
- Our Corporate Purchasing Department manages our general purchasing policy and cross-functional purchases.
- Each segment has its own Purchasing Department to manage procurement for its own needs.
- Trading & Shipping handles purchases of crude oil and petroleum products.