Total is the world’s fourth-ranked international oil and gas company* and a global leader in solar energy through SunPower. Our activities span oil and gas exploration and production, refining, petrochemicals, and fuel and lubricant marketing.
Our ambition is to become the responsible energy major.
In practice, this means:
- Produire, transformer, distribuer l’énergie à un coût abordable dans le respect des meilleurs standards HSE
- Fournir un mix énergétique responsable, prenant en compte le scénario 2°C de l’AIE
- Apporter à nos clients des solutions leur permettant un usage responsable de l’énergie
- Etre reconnu pour la qualité de notre service de proximité
To do that, we must address the main challenges that lie ahead of us in the next 20 years:
- To meet the needs of a growing world population, we are working to supply affordable energy that meets the highest safety and environmental standards
- To tackle climate change, we are developing an energy mix consistent with the IEA’s 2°C scenario and whose carbon intensity declines steadily
- To anticipate customer needs and be recognized for our convenient, quality local service, we are introducing innovative solutions to promote responsible energy use
That is what it means to be committed to better energy.
* Based on market capitalization in U.S. dollars at December 31, 2015.