The ima project (nigeria)

The IMA offshore project will consolidate Total’s presence in the Nigerian gas sector while also contributing to development in the coastal communities of the Niger Delta.

Location

ima-full-a-en

Total is a partner in the IMA offshore gas project operated by Amni, located in Oil Mining Leases (OML) 112 and 117. The capacity of this field is estimated at 60,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boe/d). Total holds a 40% interest in the project. Amni is the other partner (concessionaire), with a 60% stake.

Total’s presence in the IMA project strengthens our positions in Nigeria’s booming gas sector.

IMA extends over 50 square kilometers (km²) in the eastern Niger Delta, in a water depth of 10 m. The Nigerian oil company Amni joined forces with Total to draw on our technical experience and tap the gas potential of this field. Total and its local partner are contributing to resource development in Nigeria.

The IMA field development will go hand in hand with community development initiatives focusing on education, especially in coastal communities.

Worldwilde