The ikike project (nigeria)

The development plan under study for the Ikike field will reinforce the Amenam production hub in the Niger Delta and draw on the capabilities of local contractors.



Total is operator in Oil Mining Lease 99, which includes the Ikike field. The production capacity of this field is an estimated 55,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boe/d). Total holds a 40% interest in the project. The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC, concessionaire) holds the remaining 60%.

The project demonstrates Total’s determination to continue developing the Nigeria’s conventional offshore resources as a complement to the country’s deepwater reserves.

Field development will consist of an unmanned, 15-slot satellite wellhead platform. A single multiphase sealine will export production to the central facilities of the Amenam field, 15 km away.

Plans also call for a power cable and water injection flowline between Ikike and the Amenam infrastructure.

Ikike will achieve a new milestone in terms of local content: 80% of the man-hours for the project will be entrusted to Nigerians and Nigerian-based companies.