The Brass LNG Project (Nigeria)

With engineering work still in progress, the Brass LNG project will contribute to the emergence of a new Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) in Nigeria. Total will be committed to purchasing about one-fifth of the plant’s output for twenty years.



Total is a partner in the project to build the Brass LNG liquefaction complex. Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) is one of the sectors strategic to our future growth. This project will have a production capacity of 10 million metric tons of LNG per year (Mt/y).

Through its presence in the Brass LNG plant in the Niger Delta, Total is confirming its instrumental role in the development of a world-class LNG complex in Nigeria.

Total has an equity share of 17% in the project. The other members of the consortium are: Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC, 49%), ConocoPhillips (17%) and ENI (17%).

Early engineering work on the Brass LNG project is still under way. The project will include the construction of a loading terminal and two liquefaction trains (each with capacity of five million metric tons per year). Total is committed to purchasing about 20% of the plant’s output for twenty years. Most (70%) of this offtake will be targeted at markets in Western Europe, with the rest (30%) going to Asia.

Brass LNG will help to monetize the country’s gas reserves while also contributing to economic development in an impoverished region of the Niger Delta.

Liquefied Natiral Gas