Equal Treatment for Workers with disabilities
In 2006, we signed a framework agreement with all the trade unions at Total to support employment for the disabled. The agreement, which was renewed in 2009, sets out our policy for workforce entry for people with disabilities in France.
We implement a number of initiatives to encourage the recruitment of disabled workers:
- Partnerships with associations such as Hanploi working to promote workforce entry, development and training for people with disabilities.
- Participation in recruitment forums specifically for the disabled, such as job dating and handicafés.
- Developing work-study contracts and/or internships.
- Measures to keep the disabled and work-disabled in their jobs through schedule accommodations and other means.
Mission Handicap has developed partnerships with specific schools and universities in France to foster educational opportunities for disabled students.
We offer training to people with disabilities. Total has enrolled more than 200 disabled individuals annually at our training centers since 2003 in office technology, job search technique and English classes.
Fostering Recruitment of Disabled People
We regularly hold events to communicate our policy concerning the hiring and training of workers with disabilities:
- Production and distribution of a communication brochure.
- Educational events in Total units during France’s National Disability Week.
- Through Mission Handicap, participation in job fairs for the disabled and discussions and meetings.
- Participation in France’s annual "Dys" Days to help raise awareness among the public about cognitive disorders that can be disabilities, such as dyslexia, dyspraxia and dysphasia.
- 2006: Framework Agreement to support the employment of people with disabilities, renewed in 2009.
- 2016 - 2018: Total has signed 3 new agreements with social partners and approved by the French Administration, to support employment for people with disabilities.