Total Shareholders in Belgium
Which bank handles the payment of dividends in Belgium?
ING Belgique (Avenue Marnix 24, 1000 Brussels) handles the payment of dividends from coupons detached from CR or Total shares.
Where can I cash dividends from CRs free of charge?
Coupons detached from CRs are free of charge at the following banks:
- ING BELGIQUE (Avenue Marnix 24, 1000 Brussels)
- Fortis Banque SA (Montagne du Parc 3, 1000 Brussels)
- KBC Bank NV (Avenue du Port 2, 1080 Brussels)
Which form should I use for a partial refund of the withholding tax in France?
Since January 1, 2007, the following forms should be used (two sets of documents):
- The first set relates to the certificate of fiscal residence and is composed of three identical printed forms: two in French (5000 FR), Dutch (5000 NL) or German (5000DE), the third in French.
- The second set relates to the settlement of the withholding tax on the dividend and repayment of tax credits and is composed of three identical printed forms: two in French (5000 FR), Dutch (5000 NL) or German (5000DE), the third in French.
An explanatory leaflet is available in French (5000NOT FR), Dutch (5000NOT NL) or German (5000NOT DE). You will find explanations for all the procedures to follow for a refund on the withholding tax.
Where can I get these forms?
These forms are available:
- At your tax office
- At the Bureau Central de Taxation de Bruxelles-Etranger, Etranger North Galaxy , Boulevard du Roi Albert II, 33 , 1030 Brussels, (Tel.: +32 2 576 99 25)
- At your financial institution
- At the Centre des impôts des non-résidents, 10 rue du Centre, 93465 Noisy le Grand, France
- On the website of the tax administration www.impots.gouv.fr (using reference Cerfa forms 12816*01). They can also be filled in online.
How many forms have to be filed now that the dividend is paid in two instalments (interim dividend in November + final dividend in May)?
A single tax return is all that is required, after the final dividend is paid. However, you can file two tax returns, one after the interim dividend and one after the final dividend.
Updated Sep. 30, 09