Total is operator on the additional condensate gas development project on onshore lease OML-58. Start-up of the new facilities with expanded capacity is expected in 2013.
Total has a 40% interest in the project. Its partner, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC, concessionaire) holds the remaining 60%.
Upgrading the facilities of OML-58 is consistent with Total’s strategy of maximizing production to enhance the value of resources in the Niger Delta.
When completed in 2013, the OML-58 Upgrade will raise the condensate gas treatment capacity from 10 to 15 million cubic meters per day (Msm3/d). This entails building a second treatment train at the Obite Treatment Centre, modernizing the facilities of the Obite gas plant, and building a 42-inches/45-km gas pipeline to handle the new volumes for export to the Bonny LNG plant.
Total is contributing to economic and social development in the region by involving local communities in the project: 90% of the total hours worked will be performed locally.