Recruitment at Total
Our growth strategy is built on employee talent, innovation and high technology. We aim to meet the challenges of the future by bringing together employees from a wide variety of national and educational backgrounds and providing them with the tools and resources they need to apply their talents toward our shared success.
With that in mind, our recruitment policy is based on clearly defined values, a group hiring process and simplified application procedures using the careers.total.com website.
Our Human Resources policies
To promote the professional development of our employees, our human resources policies are anchored in diversity, mobility, fairness and responsibility:
- Diversity in terms of profile, education and culture, to bring together talent from all backgrounds and parts of the world.
- Mobility, so that our employees enjoy continuous career growth by changing jobs, sector or even country.
- Fairness, through a compensation policy based on individual performance, top-notch employee benefits and a progressive employee share ownership policy.
- Responsibility, because ethics, safety and sustainable development are core concerns, both in terms of our actions around the world and the development of our employees.
Our Recruitment process
We are committed to maintaining close relationships with employees and strive to foster this closeness from the very start of our relationship with applicants. Though it can vary by country and sector, our recruitment process involves some common steps and principles:
- All applicants can access job openings at a centralized recruitment site, careers.total.com.
- A group hiring process through a series of interviews with our HR managers, the managers of the professional discipline concerned and future supervisors.
A key recruitment resource at Total, the careers website presents all of our professions and has over 500 job openings posted at all times. Candidates can submit their application online, at which point it becomes available to our 150 recruiters.
Visit the careers.total.com site.
Internships and work-study programs
Internships and work-study programs are ideal opportunities to explore Total's activities and professional disciplines. Nearly 4,000 internships and 700 work-study contracts are offered each year across Total.
Whether based at headquarters or in refineries or subsidiaries, these opportunities are designed for applicants with at least two years of post-secondary education, in a very broad range of fields.
Volunteer for International Experience (VIE) - Co-op placements
Each year, about 120 young Europeans accept a VIE co-op placement in our subsidiaries worldwide. The program is open to graduates with five years of post-secondary education from the European Economic Area.
They spend 12 to 24 months in companies, with responsibilities covering the full spectrum of our technical, sales and corporate occupations.
Find complete information on co-op placements and consult our job openings at careers.total.com.
An international oil and gas company and world-class chemical producer, Total operates in 130 countries. With more than 500 occupations, we offer real opportunities for applicants from all national and educational backgrounds, both beginners and experienced professionals, in a broad array of specialties:
- Technical, including geology, geophysics, reservoir engineering, oil and gas installations, drilling and well operations, project management, process engineering, maintenance, electrical engineering and instrumentation.
- R&D and QHSE.
- Sales, marketing and related functions.
- Corporate functions such as IT, supply chain and logistics, legal affairs, finance and procurement.